[Groff] Thank you for Refer answer-- Groff vs. Latex

From: Borawski, Thomas
Subject: [Groff] Thank you for Refer answer-- Groff vs. Latex
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:59:42 -0500

1) First, thanks to all who answered my question regarding Refer.

2) Thanks to the groff maintainers who are doing a super job.  Groff is one
of those programs that constantly pleases me with its capabilities.  The .PSPIC macro
was the final nail in "Mr. Clippy's" coffin for me.

3) I briefly looked into using Latex, but it seemed to have a very inefficient
keystroke-to-formatted output ratio (or keystroke efficiency).  Groff, it seems to me, has
a very high keystroke efficiency.  Groff/Troff's weakness of a two character length for
macros, registers and requests-- is really its strength.

I do hope that in future revisions "creeping verbosity" does not enter into the syntax.