[Groff] newbie questions

From: Mark Asbach
Subject: [Groff] newbie questions
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:57:13 +0100

Hi there,

I'm new to the *nix world and would need a good starting point for my groff questions.

At first: I use Mac OS X / bsd subsystem having just the base install including groff version 1.15. From the groff webpages I know that there's a newer version out, but I'm not shure how to install that (shame on me).

My hope was to use groff to convert all man pages on my system into nice HTML but anything I trie, I just get one big <P>aragraph without linebreaks, not tables, to pictures. Is there a FAQ that explains, how the different part of the groff system interact and how I may produce readable HTML output?

Yours, Mark