Re: [Groff] hypenation+russian=problem

From: Ruslan Ermilov
Subject: Re: [Groff] hypenation+russian=problem
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:19:45 +0200

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 11:39:48AM +0300, Mike Iokhvin wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> I take hypnen file from russian TeX, put it into groff dirrectroy, name it
> hyphen.ru. Aftr their I make document with strings
>
> .hla ru
> .hpf hyphen.ru
> ....russian text ...
>
> And nothing work! I  am shure, that format of file is correct, but groff
> ignore it....
>
> Any comments?

I'm not a Groff hyphenation expert, but in FreeBSD, we have hyphen.us-ru,
and the following lines in troffrc to setup hyphenation for koi8-r device
(localism of FreeBSD):

.ie "\*[.T]"koi8-r" \{\
.do hla us-ru
.do hpf hyphen.us-ru
.\}

We also have some minor mods to enable 8 bits in troff needed for proper
koi8-r output, and everything works like a charm.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov          Oracle Developer/DBA,
address@hidden          Sunbay Software AG,

http://www.FreeBSD.org  The Power To Serve
http://www.oracle.com   Enabling The Information Age