Re: [Groff] Suppress output (+ -me questions)

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Suppress output (+ -me questions)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:12:26 -0500

Christian Jensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Or, as yet another option, have the TOC at the start of the document
> > and use an auxilliary file to keep track of page number for the TOC,
> > updating them in multiple passes over the document.
>
> Yes, this is what I would like to do, since I am already running two
> passes to cover cross-referincing. I am not sure how this is to be done,
> though. And when I collect the toc-entries I set some formatting options
> (font, size, indentation) which I would like to preserve.

Maybe you could use:

        .open toc toc.aux
        .write toc Some Heading\t\n%
        .close toc

The other possibility would be to tag your TOC entries and
cross-references, use .tm to write out the entire stuff in
one big wad, and have your post-processing script sort it
all out.

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Content creators are the engine that drives value in the