Re: [Groff] UTP Transcription Project

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP Transcription Project
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 16:34:27 +0200 (CEST)

> > On a related note, I've emailed Tim O'Reilly letting him know what
> > we're up to and seeking permission after the fact effectively.
>

> I thought Werner did this some time ago, no?

Yes; this is a part of Tim's answer:

  I'd certainly be willing to contribute any of the material from UNIX
  Text Processing into a groff manual.  Whether we'd be willing to
  publish that manual as a book is in question.  troff is a dying
  technology.  Even in our early days, when we might have extracted
  the material on troff, tbl and eqn from UNIX Text Processing into
  separate books, it never got quite enough priority.  However, I'd
  love to see this material passed on if the FSF is interested in it.
  And maybe we'd see enough demand to consider publishing it, though I
  doubt it.