[Groff] Better OCR for UTP Transcription Project

From: Stewart Russell
Subject: [Groff] Better OCR for UTP Transcription Project
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 10:19:35 -0400

[or, oh no, Stewart's banging on aboot djvu again]

I've just noticed that djvuzone.org's Any2DjVu server does OCR. It returns a djvu file with an embedded text chunk that can be accessed using djvutext.

It's pretty accurate -- looks similar to current OmniPage accuracy, which is better than gocr and (I assume) Clara. Our Cultural Imperialism Control Department requires me to note that it's English only, for the moment.

Kudos again to Ralph for finding this.

 Stewart