Re: [Groff] Silly question? TrueType fonts

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Silly question? TrueType fonts
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:20:49 -0400

> > Is it possible to add TrueType fonts to groff?
> Yes,it is. I have been very successfull using ttfto42

I can report partial success. Since I have freetype 2.0.6
on this system, I had to play with the headers to get
ttfto42 to compile. But it worked. Gracias to Sr. Lopez-
Valencia for the pointer!

Anyway, I downloaded the W3.1/W95 version of Verdana from
the M$ website, fed them to ttftot42, and got .afm and .t42
files. I fed the .afm files to afmtodit, using the textmap
file in .../font/devps/generate & out came VR, VB, VI, and
VBI. I added the .t42 files to download. No problem so far.

The problem is, some of the glyphs like \(rg aren't showing
up. They're in the .afm file & the text map though, and
all of them use the name "registered" to refer to the glyph.
What's (not) happening here?

If I can get this sorted out, I'll write up a howto for
the groff manual.

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Content creators are the engine that drives value in the