Re: [Groff] CW problems

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] CW problems
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 10:52:37 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bernd Warken <address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems to be better to use font `CR' instead of`CW'.

I thought CR was "Roman" -- just normal variably-spaced
characters in whatever the prevailing typeset is, whereas
CW is monofont characters.  But I must admit that I've had
some problems with CW between troff and groff in the past...

> The only
> problem is device `dvi' which can be solved by defining
>
> .if '\*[.T]'dvi' \{\
> .  ftr CB CW
> .\}
>

> at the head of the file.  To cope with the `tty' devices, the
> following
> definitions are quite handy:
>
> .if n \{\
> .  mso tty-char.tmac
> .  ftr CR R
> .  ftr CI I
> .  ftr CB B
> .\}
>

> I'm using these definitions in the some of the groff man pages.

So should we be putting these into every file at the beginning
or should this be incorporated into utp.t?

The good news is that I ran this chapter into HTML and it came
out great.

meg