Re: [Groff] Trouble with UTP...

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] Trouble with UTP...
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:38:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Jon,
Excellent plan -- I'll just edit the ps/pdf output for now then we'll go
back to the HTLM at a later time.  I do suspect that most of the HTML
problems I saw are caused by HTML bugs.

And it may make more sense to get the ps/pdf text right and then concentrate
on a groff rewrite of the text and get that to work in HTML.  It's great to
have this old classic available again, but if we hope that *roff is going to
stay alive, we really need a comparable book about *roff, with information
folded in about other web-page interests.

> On the
> other hand, when done well, the results far outshine things like Framemaker
> or, God forbid, Word.  As far as I can see the PostScript errors you
> describe are mostly the result of small input errors when the text was
> being marked up.  They should be easy to fix.

I agree.  My current understanding is that people just want me to flag the
errors
rather than fix them so that's what I'll do.

meg