Re: [Groff] UTP Macro bugs

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP Macro bugs
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:32:33 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jon Snader <address@hidden> wrote:
> UTPers,
>
> As an experiment I added 1v worth of space before drawing the box
> for the SS macro.  That improves things immensely.

Oh yes!  Very nice!  And this time I got boxes with splines for corners
as well -- looks good!  I would like to see just a little more space
on the inside top of the box -- right now, there is more space between
the text and the bottom line than between the top.

Also, could we get a bit more space between the text and the box on
the left?  The initial letter of each line is almost on the line.  I
reran ch06.t with the new utp.mac -- if the first letter in the first
line is uppercase, it actually crosses the upper left box spline!

The good news is that the .Ps problems I saw in my previous version
have miraculously resolved themselves as well.  However, it appears
that the new .SS is forcing inappropriate page breaks somehow.  To
illustrate from my run of ch06.t, on page 6 (the PH/PF example) we
have 8 lines of text and space preceeding a .SS, then a page break.
The boxed text (a one-liner) is at the top of page 7, followed by three
lines of text and another page break before another .SS -- and thus it
goes throughout the chapter.  Any idea what this is?

Great work, Jon!
meg