Re: [Groff] Re: Resource forks in OSX

From: Rob Scovell
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Resource forks in OSX
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:48:49 +1200

Yes. This is exactly why I had problems. Grrrr. These were the instructions I was following:

"6. Now (here and below I'm using my own directory path to devps/ ; you use
   yours)

   afmtodit -d/usr/share/groff/font/devps/DESC \
        fontfile.afm null_mapfile IPA_T [or whatever]

   (all on one line as indicated by the \ )

7. Copy IPA_T [or whatever] to /usr/share/groff/font/devps/

8. Copy fontfile.pfa to /usr/share/groff/font/devps/

9. Edit /usr/share/groff/font/devps/download to add an entry

   SILDoulosIPA-Regular SIL_Douros.pfa [or whatever]

   (using what you wrote down at (3))

10. Edit /usr/share/groff/font/devps/DESC as follows:"

Why are there two font directories? I presume it's a backward compatibility thing???