Re: [Groff] Header appears on wrong page

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] Header appears on wrong page
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:15:21 +0200

> I have two files, test1.ms and test2.ms which I'm trying to print using
> the command groff -t -ms test1.ms test2.ms | lpr
>
> Now, when I run that command on the files as they are at the moment,
> the second one starts to print on the bottom of the first page.  I
> need them to print on separate pages (but still using one command)
> so I added a .bp to the bottom of each file.
>
> Now when I run the print command The first page prints fine, but
> the second has the header from the first page and then it prints
> its own header on a subsequent blank page.  Again, not what I
> want.

Change

  .if \n%>1 .bp

  .if \n%>=1 .bp

This works because when the statement is encountered in the
first file, the page number is still zero; the first page is
implicitly begun with the first text output.  The second page
is then begun explicitly in the second file, with the new header
definition already in place.