Re: [Groff] Color and older PS printers

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Color and older PS printers
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:25:47 +0200 (CEST)

> > This is not fully correct.  `setgray' and `setrgbcolor' are level
> > 1.  `setcmykcolor' is level 2, but by default not used in any
> > color definitions.  For the moment, simply comment out the /Fk and
> > /Ck commands in the font/devps/prologue.ps.  I'll try to fix this
> > soon.
>
>      Commenting out those lines worked well, and it should be a
>      simple matter to rig up a printer filter to do just that for
>      device "qms".

Please get the current snapshot and try again
(ftp://ftp.ffii.org/pub/groff/devel/groff-current.tar.gz).  I've added
some conditional code to prologue.ps to make it work on Level 1
printers again.  Additionally, the line `%%Extensions: CMYK' will be
emitted if CMYK colours are used in a troff document.

>      The "ps2ps" suggestion from Ralph Corderoy looked like it
>      should work (and shame on me for not thinking of it).  However,
>      the printer still fails with files processed by ps2ps
>      /regardless/ of the language level chosen (ghostscript 6.53).

Maybe a newer ghostscript version has fixed this.  Otherwise, you
should send a bug report to the gs team.