[Groff] Including Verbatim Text.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: [Groff] Including Verbatim Text.
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:51:12 +0000

Hi,

I wanted to include the patch I'm applying to the downloaded UTP book
source at the front of the document.  Given it contains troff I thought

    .eo
    [patch file contents here]
    .ec

would be sufficient since a context diff only has one of the four
character `+-@ ' in the first column.

But it doesn't work, not if -ms is used.  Here's a shorter example.

    (echo .eo; echo ' \zA_lcuin product.') | groff -ms

A long, unending, stream of errors results.  I presume that's because
some bit of -ms is being triggered and its macro definitions assume the
escape character is `\' and it isn't?

Cheers,

Ralph.

PS.  Michael, this is the cause of the problem we've been talking about.
ch14.t was a red-herring.