Re: [Groff] meaning of \[or] glyph

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] meaning of \[or] glyph
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:47:34 +0100

> `or' is *not* the mathematical OR symbol (which looks like `V').
> It represents the bitwise OR operator in C.

Says you.  All I know is that

  [SunOS 5.7] bash$  grep or /usr/lib/font/devpost/S
  or      20      3       124
  or      60      0       218

and 218 corresponds to the mathematical "or" ("logicalor")
in Adobe's SymbolEncoding (124 is the "bar" character).
But it apparently gets shadowed by the first "or" character
in the file anyway.  Didn't even know it was legal to have
two different characters with the same name.  Like I said,
the whole thing's a bit screwy.