Re: [Groff] Broken character widths in default font

From: Egil Kvaleberg
Subject: Re: [Groff] Broken character widths in default font
Date: 29 Nov 2002 16:52:27 +0100

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 12:59, P. Alejandro López-Valencia wrote:

> That would be Adobe's fault.

Probably not.

I think our conclusions so far is that the problem lies within ps2pdf,
i.e. Ghostscript. It seems to be a known problem, of sorts, but I must
admit I have not been able to find out more. Haven't tried too hard,
though.

> Now, on using Palatino instead, I dunno. I myself have lost count of how
> many times I've done it in lack of better alternatives, but Palatino is a
> display font, ya' know?

What exactly do you mean by that?

Palatino is designed for legibility, true, but that is not a virtue that
makes it unsuitable for books. I personally quite like that
neo-classical look.

Egil
--
Email: address@hidden
Voice/videophone: +47 22523641 Voice: +47 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899