[Groff] About TrueType Fonts

From: Iván Garcerant
Subject: [Groff] About TrueType Fonts
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:13:57 -0600 (CST)

Hi!

I am a new user of groff (v. 1.18.1)

I'm trying to use a True Type font in a groff
document. I start with a TrueType font take from the
CD1 of Corel Draw 9. The file .ttf is copied in
/usr/share/groff/1.18.1/devps/

Here, I use ttf2afm (from teTeX-1.0.7) for create a
new file .afm. Then use afmtodit (using the Makefile
for try to understand the command) I use the DESC file
and the textmap placed in devps/generate.

At this moment, I can use my new files (GR, GI, GB,
etc...) with a command .fam in my document.

All good, I can see my font in any style in my
document. But, I don't know why, the right margin in
each paragraph is bad.

If I want a output like this:

ABX CD FG AS ASDFG
JAKSL  ASJ JKAS EJ

I see something like:

ABX    CD FG    AS ASDFG
JAKSL  ASJ  JKAS    EJ

I thing that my error is not set the width of each
character, then groff process bad the request .ll when
I use my font.

How fix it?

Thank in advance,

   Ivan Garcerant