[Groff] Preliminary patch for afmtodit (was Re: Feature suggestions for

From: James J. Ramsey
Subject: [Groff] Preliminary patch for afmtodit (was Re: Feature suggestions for afmtodit)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:48:25 -0800 (PST)

--- Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Suggestion #1:
> >
> > If no DESC file is passed as an argument to the -d
> > option, and there is no DESC file in the current
> > directory, then afmtodit should use the system
> default
>
> Good idea.
>
> > Suggestion #2:
> >
> > A new option, --use-default-textmap. If this
> option is
> > used, then only two filenames
--snip--

> Hmm, I rather suggest to make afmtodit search in the
> default font
> directory in case the textmap file isn't in the
> current directory.
>
> Can you provide a patch?

A preliminary patch for afmtodit is attached. The main
problem with the patch as it stands now is that the
path "/usr/share/groff/1.18" is hard coded, though
only in one place, the line

$groff_sys_root = "/usr/share/groff/1.18";

The patch should implement my original Suggestion #1
and Werner Lemburg's variation of my Suggestion #2.