Re: [Groff] improved PS font support

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] improved PS font support
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:11:37 -0500

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Finally, finally!  Full support for URW fonts and other Type 1 fonts
which have more than 256 glyphs! ....

grops has also been extended to accept lines of any length.  ...
Main reason for the change was
ghostscript's pfbtopfa program (coming with gs 6.51) which produces a
single very long line for the eexec part instead of splitting into
multiple shorter lines (basically, this looks like a bug to me).

I don't suppose you have any insight as to when the ligature bug
will get fixed in ghostscript, do you? I'm starting to think I should
install a copy of 6.0 & resist all upgrades....

--
Larry Kollar        k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: the Revival