Re: [Groff] Doubly slanted Greek in PDF

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: [Groff] Doubly slanted Greek in PDF
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:20:31 -0400

Oops!  I did it again.  Is there a reason this list doesn't use a
to get used to using mutt's "group reply".

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 10:03:41AM -0400, Robert D. Goulding wrote:
> > >That's funny.  I'm seeing it with both gs 7.05 and gv 3.5.8, included with
> > >Slackware 8.1.  I've captured the three characters as they appear on my
> > >screen in both gs and gv with xv as .png files, which I'm attaching.
> >

> Is this GNU or AFPL?  (I'm assuming Slackware would include only the GNU
> GPL'ed version).

GNU, I believe, although I can't seem to find the LICENSE file in
/usr/doc/ghostscript-7.05/ to verify that.

> > Then the obvious question is: Are you using the latest CVS snapshot of
> > groff 1.18.2 that contains all known bug fixes, including whole new font
> > metrics for most device drivers?
> >
> > I am and it makes a world of difference. ;-)
> >

> I'm using the latest CVS.  This can't be a metric problem, since it
> affects only the *glyph outlines*; it has something (I think) to do with
> the way the gs pdf device interprets the postscript prologue in
> symbolsl.pfa.

Also, groff wouldn't enter the picture in my case, since I was just viewing
the files you sent to the list with gv and gs.

Chuck