Re: [Groff] Bugs in grohtml

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Bugs in grohtml
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:19:31 +0200 (CEST)

> > I don't think so.  Tell me a reason why I should use old versions
> > of tools which eventually don't show up at all in a release
> > tarball! ...
>
> Well, I think if you did, we'd see fewer RTFM-type questions here,
> and possibly more people contributing to the documentation.  Even if
> it's just because some (including me) are too lazy or uncoordinated
> to grab a prebuilt version of the manual, or upgrade texinfo.

But the newer texinfo versions provide (sometimes enormous)
typographical improvements!  For example, I'll switch to the next
texinfo version (as soon as it is released) to be able to break URLs
(manually) with the new `@/' command.  Currently, there is a nasty
overlong line in groff.texinfo which can't be fixed yet.