Re: [Groff] The hyphenation exception file -- hyphenex.<lang>

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] The hyphenation exception file -- hyphenex.<lang>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:21:59 +0200 (CEST)

> Groff now comes with a file hyphenex.us, Is that the opposite of the
> hyphen.us, patterns that should _not_ be used? Or should I understand
> exception in some other way :)

Barbara Beeton publishes a list of hyphenation exceptions (this is, a
list of words which aren't hyphenated correctly by the default
US-English patterns) irregularly in TUGBoat, the TeX Users Group
magazine.  I've written a small perl script to convert the latest
version of this list into something which groff's (and TeX's)
hyphenation algorithm can understand; the resulting word list with
the fixed hyphenation positions is put into hyphenex.us.