[Groff] Re: groff -I patch, the sequel

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: groff -I patch, the sequel
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:48:52 +0200 (CEST)

> I recently did some work which needed to include PostScript images
> into a groff document, and discovered that my -I patch of a few
> years ago wasn't the whole story.
>
> Please find attached a patch which adds search path to .psbb and
> \X'ps: image' as well.

Thanks!  I've applied your patch now.  From the NEWS file:

Groff
-----

o The argument of the command line option `-I' is now also passed to
  troff and grops, specifying a directory to search for files on the
  command line, files named in `so' and `psbb' requests, and files
  named in \X'ps: file' and \X'ps: import' escapes.

o If option `-V' is used more than once, the commands will be both
  printed on standard error and run.

Troff
-----

o New command line option `-I' to specify a directory for files (both
  those on the command line and those named in `psbb' requests.  This
  is also handled by the groff wrapper program.

Grops
-----

o New command line option `-I' to specify a directory to search for
  files on the command line and files named in \X'ps: import' and
  \X'ps: file' escapes.  This is also handled by the groff wrapper
  program.