[Groff] extending .B1/.B2 behaviour

From: Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
Subject: [Groff] extending .B1/.B2 behaviour
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 23:51:38 +0100

Hello,
I have extended the box macros to use the polygon drawing basics with the
ability to fill the polygon.
Syntax is now:

.B1  [fill_color [frame_color [frame_thickness]]]
text
.B2

B1 called without arguments emulates the old behavior using line drawing
\D'l ..'. -Tascii and -Tlatin1 can be used with it.
But these devices have problems anyway with the .BX macro.

One of the problems is that the polygon must be drawn before the text. It is
difficult to calculate the hight of the box, especially if the text contains
other diversions, e.g. for foot-notes.

Please find attached an example (7.t2), the output (7.pdf), and a s.tmac.diff
and let me know what you think about it.
groff -ms -e 7.t2
--

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel

--