[Groff] goodbye to the groff list

From: Roger Deschner
Subject: [Groff] goodbye to the groff list
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:09:14 -0500 (CDT)

Hello.

I am writing to let you know I will be signing off of the groff list
later today. The postings I have recieved today are all viruses - no
content. This situation has gotten steadily worse over the past couple
of weeks until I can no longer tolerate it.

I continue to use the groff program, and I continue to be interested in
its development and use, but this list has become worse than useless to
me.

I also manage a number of lists. We manage the virus/spam issue with two
simple rules:

1. Only members can post

2. No HTML format messages, and no attachments. Postings containing
   either are bounced back to the sender.

These are simple to implement in the L-Soft listserv software we use.

Since I am interested in groff, I have volunteered to host the list at
the University of Illinois at Chicago, where we can implement these
rules, but I have not received any response.

So this is goodbye.

Roger Deschner      University of Illinois at Chicago     address@hidden
               Academic Computing & Communications Center