[Groff] Re: Adding styles to DESC

From: Steve Izma
Subject: [Groff] Re: Adding styles to DESC
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:46:34 -0500

I don't suppose it's an easy thing to change .fam so that a
change in family doesn't take effect until the next .ft request?
This is an issue that's puzzled me ever since making the
transition from SoftQuad troff to groff. As far as I know,
sqtroff originated the whole idea of a .fam request (theirs was
.ffam) and I'm pretty sure they specified the above effect.

Surely if such a change were possible there would be no harmful
repercussions in old documents and it would certainly make font
changes more intuitive.

--
Steve Izma
    Computing Systems Administrator       (519) 884-0710 ext. 6125