Re: [Groff] TeX fonts and groff

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] TeX fonts and groff
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:06:21 +0200 (CEST)

> Can one make TeX fonts available to groff for use with -Tps instead
> of -Tdvi?  IOW, somehow create a .pfa or .pfb file from a TeX font,
> get the .afm, and create a font suitable for font/devps?

Yes, of course.  I suggest to try the cm-super or lm fonts, available
from CTAN (e.g. ftp.dante.de/pub/tex/fonts).  Those fonts are glyph
containers having more than 256 glyphs, and both families already come
with AFM files, IIRC.

Using those fonts, you will get huge output files since groff doesn't
do font subsetting.  You should probably convert the PS files to PDF
and back to PS to get smaller output.