[Groff] Additional groff Fonts in RedHat 9

From: Robert Thorsby
Subject: [Groff] Additional groff Fonts in RedHat 9
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 06:21:14 +1000

G'day All,

I am using groff via a bash script to typset some documents and have need of the Waldi symbol fonts (wasysym) as used by LyX.

The seven wasysym pfb files are located in:
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/hoekwater/wasy/

and the standard groff fonts together with the DESC and download files are in:
/usr/share/groff/1.18.1/font/devps/

and the groff Makefile is in:
./generate/

I have also grabbed off the Net the afm and pfm files for each of the seven wasy*.pfb files.

Googling results are either too esoteric for my understanding or do not take advantage of Make.

Can someone walk me though the installation of these additional wasy fonts into groff, please?

TIA,
Robert Thorsby