[Groff] Problems with man pages in 1.19?

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: [Groff] Problems with man pages in 1.19?
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 01:35:21 -0800 (PST)

Is anyone else successfully building man pages with
groff 1.19?

I just upgraded my O/S to Mandrake and got groff 1.19.
I have some manpages that formatted just fine on an
earlier version of troff.

I have two main problems:
- For the ASCII format, I'm getting a whole bunch of screwy
  error messages such as:

../../vsapi/truefiletypes.man:749: warning [p 10, 0.3i, div `3tbd18,5', 0.7i]:
cannot
adjust line

  and the output has the 3m, 0m, 4m, etc characters spread around

- The PDF output is generally formatting okay, but there is always
  a big space after the "fi" string -- so it looks like "fi lename"
  and "modifi ed"

I thought as a first step, I'd see if anyone else is successfully
building manpages.  And, of course, if anyone knows what my problem
is, I'll be very grateful...

thanks much,
meg