[Groff] questions about postscript and tex/latex output

From: Robert Dodier
Subject: [Groff] questions about postscript and tex/latex output
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:39:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of simple questions which I hope you
can help me with. The files I am working with (composed
in 1985) are composed with MS macros.

(1) The postscript output option (-T ps) puts the stuff
between .DS/.DE in variable-width font, although I would
have expected fixed width font. Is there a way to cajole
groff into considering .DS/.DE stuff to be fixed width font?
It's OK with me if the answer is "yes, throw in this
macro .FOOBAR before every .DS" or something like that.

(2) Is there a way to generate tex or latex output from groff?

I've RTFM and searched the mailing list archives but I wasn't
able to find answers to these questions. If anyone can shed
light on these questions I will be very much obliged.

All the best,
Robert Dodier