Re: [Groff] TeXifying groff possible?

From: Robert Goulding
Subject: Re: [Groff] TeXifying groff possible?
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:07:48 -0500

On Mar 23, 2005, at 1:36 PM, John Doe wrote:

Heh, just kidding. I was thinking more along the lines
of the TeX's fonts. Some people are allergic to
anything but TeX so I would enjoy fooling them if that
was possible :-)

Well, the easiest way is to produce dvi output, then run it through dvips as usual. So, for an ms document with equations you could issue the command:

groff -e -ms -Tdvi rubbish.ms > rubbish.dvi

(or, more simply: `grog -Tdvi rubbish.ms` > rubbish.dvi).

I find that the eqn output in dvi looks better, because of the design of the CM fonts.

Robert.