Re: [Groff] developers only?

From: Otavio Exel
Subject: Re: [Groff] developers only?
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:44:36 -0300

Jorgen Grahn wrote:
> Yes, the list is dominated by developers and/or power users, but that
> should not discourage anyone from talking about more basic things.

in the hope that "more basic" includes "stupid".. here I go! :-))

I'm printing the lyrics of a CD; I want it in 2-col; so I did

I wanted groff to *not* join short lines but break long lines;
Short lines were not joined, ok!
But groff did not break the long lines :-))
- Long lines in the first column invaded the second column
- Long lines in the second column were truncated

How do I get groff to split but don't join?

I'm using -me and groff 1.17.2 (debian stable);

Otavio Exel /<\oo/>\ address@hidden