Re: [Groff] mom macros (display) problem

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom macros (display) problem
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:46:45 -0400

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005, Arun Swarup wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have a problem with groff and mom macros
>
> I am using the mom macros (v1.1.4 .... i think!) and groff (v1.18.1.1)
> on my Fedora Core 4 machine
>
> Now, when i try to process a document with groff & mom, an 'A' is
> converted to a ']'  and similarly, many letters are displayed
> improperly
>
> This is my source file http://www.geocities.com/arunswarup/external/test.txt
>
> My output is something like this, with two .PRINTSTYLEs (TYPEWRITE and
> TYPESET)
> http://www.geocities.com/arunswarup/external/groff_mom_1.png and
> http://www.geocities.com/arunswarup/external/groff_mom_2.png

A couple of years ago someone reported the same problem.  Scanning
the list archive, I don't see that we ever found a solution, since
no one on the list was able to reproduce the problem.  However,
Alejandro López-Valencia gave the best suggestion for where the
problem might be coming from.  Check out

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2004-10/msg00078.html

Also, although I don't know if this would help, v1.1.4 of the mom
macros is a bit long in the tooth.  You might want to consider
updating to a more recent version.

--
Peter Schaffter
  Author of _The Schumann Proof_ (RendezVous Press, Canada)