Re: [Groff] Converting groff input to LaTex input?

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Converting groff input to LaTex input?
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 9:37:53 -0400

Robert Marks wrote:

> Is there an easy way to convert groff input (using the mm macros, in
> my case) to LaTex input?
>
> I'm aware of tr2latex, but it's now 13 years old, and pre-groff.
> (Moreover, it crashes my Mac OS Tiger.)

It's kind of a roundabout way of doing it, but you could try using -Thtml and
(after cleaning up), use one of several HTML to LaTeX converters to finish the
job. If you try it, make sure you use groff 1.19.2 or CVS -- there were several
improvements to both grohtml and m.tmac to help them play better together.

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"