Re: [Groff] preconv autoconfigury

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] preconv autoconfigury
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:48:11 +0000

Bruno Haible wrote:
> Find attached a patch which looks for iconv() and for
> nl_langinfo(CODESET).  For easier future upgrade, I don't add
> the .m4 files to aclocal.m4 manually, but instead put them
> into an m4/ directory.

Just one minor nit.

Having segregated the m4 files, you then use aclocal to reassemble
them into aclocal.m4.  Current wisdom from the autoconf mailing
list would suggest that aclocal, as a configuration tool, should
be considered as deprecated.  Is it really appropriate to start
using it within groff's build system, at this late point in time?

Ultimately, this isn't my call;  just thought it worthy of
consideration.

Regards,
Keith.