[Groff] Re: How to make EPS?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: How to make EPS?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:02:10 +0100 (CET)

> > This looks like a bug in the ps2epsi script -- it seems as if the
> > bbox of the preview image is used (which is 1 pixel smaller
> > vertically) instead of the original one.  Please submit a bug
> > report at bugs.ghostscript.com (or check the bug database) and CC
> > me.  BTW, it fails with both gs 8.53 and 7.07.1.
>
> Let us first see whet happens to an extremely simple ps file in
> different environments (see attached file croptest.tgz).

I get the same bad result, so it's definitely a bug.  Please report to
the gs team.

BTW, GNU sed 4.1.4 (and 4.0.9) doesn't work correctly with the ps2epsi
script which comes with gs 8.53.  The following regexp construct

  [^!-~]

makes sed incorrectly complain (and abort) with

  invalid range end

You have to write

  [^!-\~]

as it was in earlier versions of ps2epsi.