Re: [Groff] Re: How to make EPS?

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: How to make EPS?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:45:11 +0000

On Thursday 19 January 2006 8:19 am, Werner LEMBERG wrote,
quoting Tadziu Hoffman:
> > Try this:
>
> >   groff -P-p2i,2i foo >foo.ps
> >   gs -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=foo.pdf foo.ps
>
> > Another thing to note is that setting the MediaBox in the
> > PDF-file from the BoundingBox in the PS-file using -dEPSCrop
> > appears to work only when the "EPSF"-signature is present in
> > the first line of the PS-file.
>
> Keith, what do you think of extending your pdfroff script to emulate
> the creation of PDFs from EPS files (using -dEPSCrop)?

We're getting into realms here, where my knowledge is extremely limited; I'll
gladly accept advice from those more experienced, who may be able to suggest
how this could be achieved.

Maybe, rather than restrict things to just a few specific capabilities,
provide a pdfroff option to pass arbitrary GhostScript options through to the
back end postprocessor, (which of course, *is* GhostScript)?  To avoid
collisions with groff options, that should probably be a long form option.
Any suggestions for a suitable name?

Regards,
Keith.