[Groff] Re: groff + mp

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: [Groff] Re: groff + mp
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:14:22 +0300 (MSK)

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I want us to try to push groff support into the next metapost
version.

What do you want the MetaPost people do?
Among other things, I want them to change documentation, reflecting
the fact that groff is the version of troff in use.
If you take a look at (tex)info docs for metapost,
you will see references to dpost program, ditroff program and file format.
I am not sure what are the exact groff equivalents of the above.

   (I am going to) jettison the remnants of the support for Ma Bell troff.

I think there are good chances that such patches are applied to the
MetaPost source files.

BTW.  I think the latter support was broken netertheless.  Can you
check?)

I can't.  I don't have an old troff running.

What is the real state of the troff land?
What are the other players beyond groff?

          Sincerely, Michail