[Groff] Re: PS fonts versions

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: PS fonts versions
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 06:38:35 +0100 (CET)

> > until now noone has reported problems w.r.t. missing characters in
> > the standard PS fonts.  On the other hand, there are probably just
> > a handful Turkish groff users which use the original PS Adobe
> > fonts together with groff.
>
> What about Western Slavs, that who ignore the inventions brought by
> St. Cyril & St. Methodius?

:-)  Well, I think that there are even less users of Slavic languages
which use the latin script with Idot...

> They used to be active in that business of adding glyphs to PS fonts
> in nineties.

Oh, you mean a font company?

> Do they now have a set of GPL fonts for their needs?

I have absolutely no idea.  Anyway, the default fonts for the PS
device in groff will always be the 35 core fonts, nothing more.  I
would be glad if people contribute proper font definition sets as
add-on packages.