Re: [Groff] Odd problem escaping `.'

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] Odd problem escaping `.'
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 10:06:30 +0100

Joerg van den Hoff wrote:
> sorry to interfere, but \*[SN-DOT], \*[SN-NO-DOT] seem not be there
> in groff 1.19.1 (which is what I'm running on my Mac), at least they
> don't work and are not present in s.tmac. did they occur only _after_
> 1.19.1 or what am I missing?

See my later follow-up.  They first appeared four months *after* the
release of 1.19.1.  Some other features were added, at the same time:

  PORPHANS/HORPHANS
    give the user finer control of the number of initial lines of a
    paragraph which must be kept together, on the same page, for
    free standing paragraphs and after a heading, respectively.

  GROWPS/PSINCR
    automatic point size scaling for headings, based on the level set
    by a .NH or .SH macro call, (.SH now accepts a numeric argument to
    facilitate this).

If you want any of these, you need 1.19.2 or later, or at least this
CVS update for 1.19.1 s.tmac:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/groff/groff/tmac/s.tmac?rev=1.19

I think this should work with an otherwise unchanged 1.19.1, but YMMV.

HTH,
Keith.