Re: [Groff] gkurz, a short introduction for german users

From: Joerg van den Hoff
Subject: Re: [Groff] gkurz, a short introduction for german users
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:06:55 +0200

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 07:39:21PM +0200, Axel Kielhorn wrote:

> Am 27.08.2007 um 06:58 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
>

> >>Please take a look at this document (It is written in german), I
> >>would like to add it to the groff-wiki or maybe even the groff
> >>distribution, once it is finished.
> >
> >Attached a revised version which already includes Bruno's changes.
> >This is far from perfect yet, but...
>
> Thanks for your extensive revision, so far I learned a few things:
>
> Start a new sentence at a new line (is this a "law" or just a good
> idea?)
>
> vi has a ) command:-)

just in case someone uses `vim' or `elvis' (or, for the most part `nvi'):

attached are some settings for your `.exrc' file (which is read by all the
incarnations of vi, I think) which I find useful when editing groff (or
program) source files. I have used commands combined of a backslash plus a
letter such as

\s

but if you use a keyboard with german layout something different, e.g.
`;s', might be better: just substitute all `\' by your choice in `.exrc'.

now, if in command mode, hitting (quickly) subsequently the two keys
`\s' , the current sentence is swapped with the following.

`\w' swaps neighbouring words

`\p' swaps whole groff paragraphs

`\l' moves the last word of the current line to the start of the next line

etc.

and `<CNTRL>-x' reformats the current paragraph with `fmt' (after which
action not all sentences do start on a new line :-))

joerg