RE: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current using Min

From: Yu-ning Feng
Subject: RE: [Groff] building process stuck when building groff-current using MinGW
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 15:54:38 +0800

I modified msys.bat and used sh.exe to start msys.
I still got problem while making. Please see the bottom.
By some way I let make go on and finished.

When make install, some error occur,

mkdir -p -- D:/groff-cvs/share/groff/1.19.3
mkdir: cannot create directory `D:/groff-cvs/share/groff/1.19\001.3':
No such file or directory

notice the character among version number. It is 0x01. This seems to
be an easy problem. But this not welcomed version number spreads
through many files. I need to know which files are the source of
problem so that modifying them is enough to solve.

Problem while making:

when roffing mixed_pickles.roff, a window pop out,

 tbl.exe meet a problem and need to be terminated
 debug, send error report...

(translated, not using English as system language)
By clicking debug, I was told there is some problem with Just In Time
debug. Clicked OK. make went on.

when processing pdfmark.pdf,

 GPL Ghostscript 8.15: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

I noticed that someone met the same problem before
(http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01688.html).
I tried GS 8.15 and 8.60. Same result.

Maybe someone has success building experience with groff devel + msys
could tell me the environment of a success build. Thanks very much.