Re: [Groff] TeX for troff users?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] TeX for troff users?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 07:50:16 +0200 (CEST)

> So it is time for me to learn TeX better. Could anyone suggest an
> article or text that is "TeX for troff users?"

I'm not aware of any such special guide.

> I don't really want to work through the standard texts unless I have
> to.  I know basically how TeX works, I would simply like to learn
> how to use the sorts of things I know from troff in a TeX
> environment.

If you talk about `TeX' you actually mean `LaTeX', don't you?  Maybe a
basic guide of available LaTeX commands is sufficient?  Have a look at

  http://home.gna.org/latexrefman/

and check out the SVN version.  It's not complete yet (and the author
asks for contributions), but I use it quite often to look up syntax
details.