Re: [Groff] Changing font in ".FG"

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: [Groff] Changing font in ".FG"
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 11:56:32 -0400

Looking into the complaint about the fonts and MM .FG command, I discover
that this was fixed in 2006 and is in the current CVS download, but not in
the 1.18.1 version distributed with Ubuntu 8.04.

In fact, it was fixed by Werner in delta 2.29  2006-03-28, to
groff/contrib/mm/m.tmac,v ...

        . Hardwire first four font positions with R, I, B, and BI -- the
          documentation explicitly refers to this feature (cf. the `HF'
          string register).
        . Don't use `%' register in numeric calculations because it is
          affected by `.af'.
        Patches for both problems have been contributed by Nick Stoughton
        <address@hidden>.
        * m.tmac: s/@language/@country/.
        s/\n[%]/\n[P]/ where appropriate.
        s/\fR/\f1/.
        s/.ft R/.ft 1/.
        s/\fI/\f2/.
        s/.ft I/.ft 2/.
        s/\fB/\f3/.
        s/.ft B/.ft 3/.
        * mse.tmac: s/@language/@country/.
        * groff_mm.man (Fonts): New subsection.
        * groff_mmse.man: Load `sv.tmac'.
        Reformatted.
        examples/README: Cleanups and updates.

So the problem is that the fix is not currently wrapped up in a
distribution yet.

Werner, I'm new to all this.  What's the procedure for getting the
latest-and-greatest out to the distributions?

                                        Mike Bianchi

----- Forwarded message from Mike Bianchi <address@hidden> -----