Re: [Groff] groff -mm output something I don't expect

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff -mm output something I don't expect
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 13:06:00 +0000

Hi Luke,

> > I ``troff'' a simple file, hello.mm whose content is:
> >
> > .\" hello.mm
> > Hello World!
> >
> > with the command line:
> >
> > $ /usr/local/bin/groff -mm hello.mm > hello.ps
> >
> > and opened it with ``evince'', then I found there are two short bars
> > in topleft and topright corners of the page.

I can't quite see how you get those bars, unless they're the descenders
from a header, but do you get the "Hellow World!" at all anywhere?

One common problem is disagreement over paper sizes, so the top few
lines of text are missing off the top of the visible page.  Try this as
hello.mm instead.

    .\" hello.mm
    \&
    .sp |3i