Re: [Groff] blm blues

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: Re: [Groff] blm blues
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:41:37 +1100

Good God, I am so pleased with this outpouring of help. Tadziu, Larry, Ted, thank you very much. It was a nice learning exercise, and I love the simplicity of using a string.
I would like to add only two things.

In case of .../10u*4u like structures I'd like to add that with integer arithmetic it is better to multiply first and divide later.
Not that in this case it would matter much.

The other thing: I did not want to settle for numbers like 0.4 that can be done with *4u/10u. I wanted finer resolution, e.g. 0.418 or 0.398 so that I could adjust the bottom line on each page easily. Then, of course, the new-page macro would reset it to 0.4 or whatever to start a new day afresh.

Folks, thank you for all of you,

Miklos