Re: [Groff] PDF navigation hyperlinks

From: Ken Smith
Subject: Re: [Groff] PDF navigation hyperlinks
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:41:59 -0700

I ended up choosing to continue using groff instead of pdfroff for the
moment because my needs are still rather simple but I am using the
recent spdf and pdfmark packages to get the navigation index.  This
requires me to use spdf's .XN macro for my section headings which
causes the HTML output to have blank section headings.

Is there a way to conditionally define the .XN macro so that, when I'm
building my HTML document, it is a no-op that returns its arguments
verbatim to be considered as content?

Here are the command lines I am using with groff 1.20.1.

groff -pet -m ms -T ps -m pdfmark -m spdf arch.ms | ps2pdf - - > arch.pdf
groff -pet -m ms -T html arch.ms > arch.html

If I try to add spdf to the second command, the HTML output has all
content on one line with no sections at all.

   Ken