Re: [Groff] A little Greetings card

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] A little Greetings card
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:15:42 -0000 (GMT)

On 29-Dec-09 00:39:11, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>> The following draws a pretty picture, which I send you
>> with all my best wishes, hoping you had a good Christmas
>> and will have a good New Year.
>
> Nice!  I wish everybody the same.
>
> A small caution: Everyone who wants to try Ted's code should strip
> trailing whitespaces.
>     Werner

Sorry for the trailing spaces! They were not in the original, and
must have been introduced when I pasted from the source file into
the email. When I pasted back just now from the email into a file,
and searched using "/ $" in vim, I found three:

1. After the "{" in the last occurrence of "for i=0 to 11 do {"

2. After the "\" in "line invis from (-x0,-y0) to (x0,y0) \"
   thee lines below

3. After the final "}"

Only the second of these really matters, since it then gives
"\ " at the end of the line, which kills the line-continuation
function of "\", and therefore introduces a syntax error into
the PIC code.

And of course a trailing space is invisible to the reader ...

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861