Re: [Groff] Fw: utf8 encoded input and soelim

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Fw: utf8 encoded input and soelim
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:58:35 +0100 (CET)

> I'm experimenting with the -K utf8 option, because I'd like to input
> utf8 formatted source code:
>
> groff -s -K utf8 -ms -Tps Input.ms > Output.ps
>
> This works, as long as I have one single input file.  But when I use
> additional files with the .so request, the characters are not
> recognized.  What am I doing wrong?

Nothing.  This is a known limitation.  Try soelim directly:

  soelim file1 file2 ... | groff ...

Hmm.  Adding -V to your incantation to show the groff pipe gives

  preconv -eutf8 Input.ms | soelim | troff -ms -Tps | grops

Perhaps it makes sense to exchange preconv and soelim in the groff
pipe?

  soelim Input.ms | preconv -eutf8 | troff -ms -Tps | grops

This should be easy to implement, methinks...