Re: [Groff] Groff 1.19.2 and 1.20.1 differences

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff 1.19.2 and 1.20.1 differences
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 11:50:01 +0100

Hi,

Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:
> The error must have been introduced between 1.19.2 and 1.19.3, and
> it's a bug in the mm macros

Has thought been given to regression tests for groff?  Using GhostScript
it's fairly easy to get a pixmap for a particular page at the specified
resolution.  Comparing that to known "good" pixmap wouldn't be too hard.
It would detect big changes like the -mm bug I linked to and this one.

I've a crude ~/bin/psdiff that takes two PostScript files, assumes both
have only black ink, and gives me a pixmap per page that has black ink
where they both have black, red where there's only ink in the first
file, and blue in the second.  Built around psutils and netpbm's
pnmarith, ppmhist, etc., so stuff can be done at the shell level.

Cheers,
Ralph.